Jack's 1st birthday

Our sweet baby boy turned one! I can't believe how fast the time goes. It has gone too fast for my liking. Jack is now walking and saying a few words. His favorite word is Uh Oh! He likes to drop things on the floor and say "Uh Oh". If we ask him to say Mama or Dada he will shake is head no which we think is funny and I am sure we have reinforced this gesture by laughing at it. He is such a fun little guy. He loves to smile and laugh. He is quite the charmer with strangers and loves to smile at them and get them to smile back. He gives the best kisses and gives me and Bagley kisses all day long. We love our little rascal and we are so grateful to be his parents and have in our family. Happy Birthday Love Bug!

Jack loved ripping the paper off of his presents and then throwing everything out of the boxes.

Are these all for me?

This one year old did some damage on his presents.

Jack's first taste of birthday cake.

How am I supposed to do this?

He loves to squish his food.

Yum Yum!

I think he had more fun squishing the cake than eating it.

We had a birthday party with some friends a few days after Jack's birthday.

Jack loves ducks so we had a duck themed birthday party. I had so much fun making this cake for him.

Army of duckling cupcakes.

Jack and his friends.

Our friends the Ropers were in town and were able to come to Jack's party. This is their cute little guy Owen. I wish they still lived close so these boys could play together.

Grill Master

Jack discovered Cheetos and tried to take them off of everyone's plate.

More presents even though we told everyone no presents!

Jack loves Elmo.

Jack and Mama opening presents.

Jack and his ducks.

Jack and Dada eating cake.

Thank you for all the loot!

A few days after the party we let Jack eat the duck. 

Dada helped him rip off the head.

This is pretty good.

No he did not eat the whole thing but he had fun with the frosting.

4 comments:

  1. How fun! You did such a great job with his birthday cake and cupcakes! Adorable.I can't believe he is getting so big. He has always been such a handsome boy. Can't wait to see you guys soon!! (hint, hint) Just kidding...well...kinda. Loved all your updates!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack is sooo lucky I wish I could have my whole cake to myself. love Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane,
    He is so cute! I love that you let him attack the giant duck! Most would not have allowed that and it will be a picture that will be cherished always! Hug that little guy for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive birthday party! He is a cute kid and a good mix of the both of you!

    ReplyDelete